Sunday, February 20, 2011

3 cards in one night....How Do I stack up???

OK, I have been putting off making these cards (not because I didn't want to do them, quite the opposite, because I wanted to do them well and I was waiting for inspiration).  My dickblick studio markers and colored pencils with gamsol (of course) came in this week.  They were my Valentine's day gift from hubby.  

It seems like everyone in my family has birthdays in February.  So I have lots of opportunities to try different techniques.  This weekend I made a pocket card for my 2 year old nephew, a tab card for my niece Vaughn and a Bowser Jr card for my nephew Anderson using a coloring sheet I found online.  

I am entering all three of these into the Dots Challenge at Do You Stack Up Blog Challenge, Creative Inspirations Paintchallenge to use stripes and dots (the Bowswer card) and Pile It On (where they encourage you to Pile on the Challenges...this weeks theme there is Childhood Dreams (see Bowswer card)!). I have always loved using dots in my work.  Just so happened that all three have dots of some kind

Digi Stamp from MelJen-This is a new one, I can't remember the name off hand.  But it was fun to color.
Greetings Farm Anya for this card, and a MelJen flower to use as an accent piece.  Pretty huh?
  This is Bowser, Jr.  I found this coloring page online, reduced the size and created this card for Anderson, who truly believes HE IS Bowser Jr.  I think it works perfectly for dots and stripes for the Creative Inspirations Paint blog.  The Pile it on Challenge was childhood dreams and since Anderson dreams of being in the "Bowser family" one day I think this counts... Thanks for looking.  How is that for Piling It on?

6 comments:

Miranda said...

three cute cards and all so different
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

Wonderful cards, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Unknown said...

super card for a tot

kitten DYSU team

Dori Shelton said...

3 very cute and wonderful, bright and cheery cards! Well done!

Janna Werner said...

That is really stacking up lol! Love the Bowser havent seen him for a long time :D Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful cards with us at DYSU this week! Janna

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

So Cute..
PS Thanks for the Comment on my Running with Glitter Blog.. We should swap post a tutorial sometime :) I'd love to lear how to make a super cute card!